Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Molch is cranky :(

Molch

Reaction score
Just sayin'

It's been 40 below for 10 days, my car is dead as a beaver hat, I'm stuck at home and I ran out of Diet Dr Pepper.

It's times like these I really appreciate my newt habit. If I didn't have tanks to take care of and newts to feed, what the hell would I do with myself these days?

Sigh.....back to your regular scheduled programming

RobM

Reaction score
Brew your own diet coke?
All you need is 4 eggs, 50ml of paprika, 2 turnips, 500ml of shampoo and two sprinkles of black pepper.

Molch

Reaction score
Brew your own diet coke?
All you need is 4 eggs, 50ml of paprika, 2 turnips, 500ml of shampoo and two sprinkles of black pepper.

I'm gonna try that. For some zest, I'm gonna add some shed strauchii skins and a DIY yeast reactor for the carbonation. Now, how do you get some serious caffeine in there?

RobM

Reaction score
From Johnny O. Farnen's recent thread, I wouldn't expect any Neurergus species to provide much zest!

For Caffeine, just crush some woodlice, they seem to have lots of energy. Also I hear its how they make Guinness (which would explain the taste).

Niels D

Reaction score
I've heard that shedded skin of T. granulosa works much better.

In the Netherlands people are complaining that it's still much too hot. Normally it would freeze here, but it's still 10C. All kinds of newts are allready laying their eggs though!

When I'm bored I clip my toenails. Can be quite a challenge.

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
She has the dogs. They require daily attention. Stupid demanding mammals!

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Also I hear its how they make Guinness (which would explain the taste).

:O
Oh you little.....you.....argh.......blasphemy!!! As someone who is unlikely to ever enjoy a Guinness again, i´m deeply offended.

Molch, pick up crocheting, you´d be amazed of how much time you can kill with that damned hook. And you can make useless **** that is offensive to anyone with taste, it´s great :p

Reaction score
Just sayin'

It's been 40 below for 10 days, my car is dead as a beaver hat, I'm stuck at home and I ran out of Diet Dr Pepper.

40 below for 10 days... I could handle that. Car being dead... it's a bummer, but it's not too bad. Out of Diet Dr. Pepper... HOW ON EARTH ARE YOU GOING TO SURVIVE?!?!

I'm a Type 1 Diabetic, so pretty much all the pop I drink is Diet Dr. Pepper. I also enjoy vanilla chai tea brewed in hot milk or coffee with cream for my caffeine fix.

Molch

Reaction score
well, thanks y'all.

Today it warmed up to minus 28, my neighbor's car started and we all drove to town to stock up on fuel for my oil stove, meat for the dawgs and of course Diet Dr Pepper.

I hope if it gets up into the minus teens I can get my car going. Mebbe.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1