Fungus?

Shanno93

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi guys. I recently acquired a new wild type, Xena, and she has a greenish colored patch on her head. I'm not sure whether it's a sort of birthmark or a fungas. I don't know how to upload photos on my iPhone so if anyone could possibly help without a photo for the time being? Thanks!

If your phone has Internet access, can you send it to your e-mail address or to computer via bluetooth ?

imagejpeg
Here is a photo. You cann see the slightly lighter greenish patch on her head above her right eye.

Photo not working for me either.
Is it like the axolotl in my profile picture? If so, it's not likely to be cause for concern. Canaq's appeared at around 18months of age + I've seen others with similar marks or their faces. Canaq's is a kind of golden colour.

I tried to upload the photo from my phone; didn't work obviously haha. So, here's another one. It's not the clearest photo, cause I don't have an actual camera. But you can see the patch above her eye. You can't see it unless you're close; it's not visible from far away. It's not raised, like a lump.

Attachments

• IMG_1236.jpg
    IMG_1236.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 267
My wild type boy has a couple of white patches and a couple of green ones ( almost looks like lichens on wood) he's had them for a couple of years and has no problems so I have put it down to just how he's made. :wacko:

I don't see anything wrong with your axolotl, Shanno.

Are the green spots you are talking about similar to the ones in the photos I attached? This is one of my axolotls and she has green patches on her head and back. She had the spots when I got her from a friend so I don't know when she got them. They don't seem to irritate her and the others haven't caught it from her. Does anyone know what they are or what causes it? Can you get rid of it?

Attachments

• Jaxalotl1.JPG
    Jaxalotl1.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 234
  • Jaxalotl2.JPG
    Jaxalotl2.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 219
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back