Bolt-6 inches-Growth Rate

UKaxolotl

Reaction score
Country
England
Hello everyone been ages since I posted anything so thought I'd show you a pic of Bolt and how much she has grown since the last few pictures oh and for those who were helping me with name suggestions ages ago last year as you can guess I named her Bolt because she moves so fast randomly sometimes and when I feed her I can be looking right at the cube and it will just vanish! Ah well hope you like the pics.

Attachments

• IMG-20120107-00192.jpg
    IMG-20120107-00192.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG-20120106-00185.jpg
    IMG-20120106-00185.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Thanks! :D as for the gravel I'm gonna change it as soon as I find a better surface for her which isn't stones

I'm glad I wouldnt want your bolt to get hurt by swallowing some. When I got my Freckels she passed about 10 pieces of gravel which she has swallowed from the pet shop :(

I have my Freckels on sand and got a juvenile and I had him on bare bottom, but I didnt think he liked it so got sand for him too
Its not as bad to clean a simple turky baster works great for number 2s, and the washing bit if you have a shower at home I just put it in a bucket and fill, stir and empty. Repeat till the water is clear then add .I must admit is looks good in the tank

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh okay the turkey baster is good idea I've seen a lot of people who use them in there vids on youtube so will defo check it out

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back