Big compilation of pictures of my axolotl's limb regeneration

Chirple

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not done yet, but has made much progress ! I decided to post this since I'd seen a few threads asking how long it takes for them to regenerate a limb. Obviously, it varies creature-to-creature and doubtlessly other factors, but here's what I've got :

LINK TO LARGE PICTURE

Also has been growing a bit of tail at the end and some gills. My main observation is that once the initial wounds healed and the buds started to form, things really started taking off at a much faster rate. After toes started differentiating, progress started to become so rapid I could even see daily growth at times.

I don't know the story with her arm that has only two toes. It was like that from the start.

And holy cow, she looks so much healthier now.

That is an excellent compilation picture to show the progress of the limb regeneration! \o/

She looks a lot happier and healthier now definitely, yay! It's nice to see happy axo pics.

thanks for the pictures that is really encouraging. My golden axie Fudge lost her foot a couple of days ago think she got in the way of a worm that was being eaten by her tank companions. I have been wondering how long and how it is likely to regenerate.
I feel guilty it is missing but the axie is moving around really well and eating ok.
Thanks again for all of us anxious axie parents whose's babies(!) have missing limbs.

geat pic! i like how the little bone stump grows out first

Can you refresh us how it lost its limbs? Did you buy it that way?

The first pictures are the first day I had her, and from what I know, she was attacked by a tankmate (who was in a "time out" box after doing that) in the week before I got her.

She had a fungus on the open wound on a back leg, too, at the very beginning.

Wow, that is excellent! I think I am going to save that picture for my records just in case. That is some excellent documenting.

Thank you very much for sharing with us.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back