Hello from Kentucky!

toxickitten

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Kitten
Hello! My name's Meagan, but I usually go by 'Kitten.' I have been doing some research on Axolotls because I was interested in obtaining some. A friend posted their development pictures of their baby Axolotls on another forum we're both on and I got to talking to him and wound up joining this forum (like I need another forum! lol). I don't own any currently, but I hope to change that soon. I have an empty 40L currently that I would love to turn into an Axolotl tank. :)

I do, however, own a bunch of other critters which include: Cats, Dogs, Hamster, Chinchillas, Sugar Glider, Mice, Rats, Fish (cichilds), Snakes, Frogs & Lizards.

Welcome to the forum, Meagan!

Welcome Meagan. My name is Doreen and your house sounds like it has almost as many furry & non furry friends as mine:happy:

Meagan, this is Doreen again. Meant to ask you what types of lizards and snakes you have ? I used to bred snakes ( balls, corns and kings). Now I just have a blue tongue skink, black & white tegu and a tiger salamander. This is among the 8 dogs, 6 cats, 1 rat, a 75 gallon fish tank with severums. Outside is chickens and more cats:happy:

I have two African Fat Tailed Geckos, two Leopard Geckos, a female Citrus German Giant Bearded Dragon, a normal Red Tailed Boa (BCI) and a Brazilian Rainbow Boa (who is my MOST favorite snake I have ever owned).

Thanks for the welcomes!

Hey Meagan, great to see you on Caudata!! Good luck with your soon to arrive eggs :happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back