Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

What up people?

beginner

Reaction score
I am new to the axolotl lifestyle and must say I find them quite intriguing. I have a gold flake albino and a wild natural looking one that I keep in a tank with a 2inch long fin bristle nose pleco they all seem to get along quite well. since i've had them i've learned and changed many things. i used to have gravel and now i have large river rock w/ blue glass stones. i had a over hang filter that i removed because of stressing from current. and now i have awesome happy axolotl in a spectacular tank any questions or comments? i would love to hear them as i am brand new to the forum :happy:

Attachments

• IMAG0303.jpg
    IMAG0303.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 170
  • IMAG0301.jpg
    IMAG0301.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 138
  • IMAG0294.jpg
    IMAG0294.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 159
  • IMAG0302.jpg
    IMAG0302.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 142

beginner

Reaction score
the stones are pretty big, and i do realize the pleco is potentially food but for now he's too big and too skittish to eat

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Plecos have sharp spines, and even if he is too big to be food, now he's big enough to inflict damage on your axolotls.

Those glass stones are small enough to be eaten. I would remove them immediately.

beginner

Reaction score
What is the size rule for potential axolotl food? The glass stones are about as big as their heads I didn't think they could eat something so big... I'm still fresh to axolotl so I'll take your advise on it and remove the rocks. but I think I'll take a chance with the pleco I've been watching them for a few weeks now and they hardly ever come near each other (which I'm sure is prone to change) so I'll continue with caution

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!