Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Little worms or slugs

theblondie616

Reaction score
hi every one. can any one help me? there seem to be tiny worms or slugs on the glass walls of my tank. i have no idea where they came from. they seem to have sprung up in a matter of houres. is this a nad thing? how can i get rid of them? i know like most ppl im desperate for a reply when it gomes to the health of there axie. please help

theblondie616

Reaction score
thanx for replying? so just lay off the feeding for a fue days? how did they get in my tank in the first place?

Grete

Reaction score
Keep everything clean. Clean your filter/sponges, vacuum substrate, cut down on how much is fed, clean up excess food/waste immediately after & you should notice the decrease in planaria.

They're not harmful to them though, just a nuisance. Oh, & don't turn your lights off & shine a light on the tank, you'll end up seeing the full deal as to how many of those guys there really are

This was one I found in my discus tank the other year. I scooped him out & kept him in his own tank, fed him...

planaria.jpg

blackdog

Reaction score
There is a product out there called "No Planaria" , made from betel nut extract.

After some research and deliberation regarding the safety of using it in my axie tank, i gave it a try. Started in small doses slowly building up to the recommended dose.

It worked really well. no ill effects

Bren

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!