Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

To soon to move him?

vampirepants

Reaction score
The other day i got a new 3d backdrop for my tank i bilt little landing platforms into it, i had to take gordon right out of his tank and empty it to fit it.

today i was at a fresh water lake and got a some beutifull white sand i want to use as sub, is it to erly mo move him again? its been 2 days.

how long should i wate

jinian

Reaction score
I guess it depends on whether Gordon seems stressed. How is he looking?

It's a good idea to be careful bringing in anything from outdoors like a lake. Your sand could have some nasty microscopic things in it. I'd recommend thoroughly boiling or baking it, then a good cold-water wash before putting it in your tank. Some people use a weak bleach solution, but you have to rinse really, really well. If it's quartz sand it shouldn't affect water hardness or pH, but you might want to test it with a little acid or soak it in a bucket for a few days and check the water.

vampirepants

Reaction score
he was fine i just felt mean moving him so soon,

i ran it all through a sift to get rid of all the "stuff"

then rinced it for a good 2 hrs through running water turning the sand.

then rinced it with boiling water, before cooling it. water seems fine and his behavior seems fine and it looks grate!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!