Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New Axolotl Fan

larryhsnyder

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to this great forum and excited to raise my new Axolotls. I'm from NY, NY and found it very difficult to find Axolotls locally. Finally found a reputible dealer on line and I'm extremally happy with the quality and knowledge of the breeder. Have plenty of questions regarding cooling of the tank which I will scan the forum for.

Best regards,
LS

dor1363

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, I am getting ready to order my Axolotls from a breeder I found on this site. I can not wait to get them. I also have a tiger salamander. This is a great site to find any info you need.

XDragonGrlX

Reaction score
Welcome :) I dont have any Axolotl yet, but I have some eggs im waiting for in the mail im hoping to hatch out and raise :)

larryhsnyder

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for your warm replies. I'm currently setting up a 33 Gallon long tank with a slate bottom. I'll post pictures as soon as I fill it but the slate looks really nice. I found that idea on one of the threads and it's a great solution to not having substrate but wanting a non glass/clear look on the bottom.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!