3D background on the bottom of the tank??

Goobs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Has anyone ever tried using 3d foam backgrounds, such as the juwel backgrounds on the bottom of the tank instead of substrate? I think it would be as easy to keep clean as a bare bottom tank and i was wondering if there are any drawbacks i can't see.

Juwel Background Stone Lime 600 X 550mm

i was considering doing this too, i cant see why it would be a problem but i am no expert

The only thing about those 3d backgrounds is that they are super buoyant. Maybe you could silicone it to the bottom? And silicone around the edges to make it so crud can't go underneath?

I am assuming if it is made for an aquarium it should work fine, it did say use aquarium silicone to seal it. My only concern is the cracks in it holding anything unwanted, but it looks like they aren't that deep. I think it might be great, let us know how it is if you do use it!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back