Several issues

junhang

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Display Name
jun hang
Hi guys, greetings from Malaysia! =)

Ok I've just gotten this cute lil axo few days back. I might have been paranoid I don't know, but just wanna play safe and listen to what you guys say. I noticed there are white dots on my axo that i didn't notice em when I 1st got it. Because I read before I got mine, so I was pretty conscious about the illness symptoms. Please find the picture of my axo attached below and comments would be helpful! =)

Its hot here in Malaysia, I know that the water for axo should be maintained at around 14~20C, but it is really hard to keep the temperature that low here. I tried the ice bottle way, but it doesn't sustain long. =( any other suggestions? (The normal temprerature here is around 25~27 if i'm not mistaken)

Last but not least, The gills of my axo are pathetic. I know they are meant to be longer, but due to the petshop's lacking of proper care (they put fishes that nibble together with all the axo, sadly all the axo there have shorter gills than mine). I have read up a lil, and they all say that the gills will grow back, may i confirm the statement here with you guys again? =)

Attachments

• DSC_0032 to be uploaded.jpg
    DSC_0032 to be uploaded.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 235
Hi junhang ! Can't help with spots (can't actually see them on your pic)... my "Lottie" has developed greyish / white spots or blotches over the past 6 mths. She is 4-5 yrs old. After not eating for a month... I was thinking they were bacterial, but now she's back eating, and the spots don't seem to be a worry ? Fellow forum users have sent me pics of their axies, with spots, too.:confused:
But I will mention your water temp... as you have read, it is very important to keep axies cool.... if you can't leave yours in a room with CONSTANT air conditioning, or at least a fan cooling the water from across the top, or buy a chiller, then I would not be trying to keep an axolotyl in your climate. I wish you all the best..:wacko:

Hi guys, greetings from Malaysia! =)

Ok I've just gotten this cute lil axo few days back. I might have been paranoid I don't know, but just wanna play safe and listen to what you guys say. I noticed there are white dots on my axo that i didn't notice em when I 1st got it. Because I read before I got mine, so I was pretty conscious about the illness symptoms. Please find the picture of my axo attached below and comments would be helpful! =)

Its hot here in Malaysia, I know that the water for axo should be maintained at around 14~20C, but it is really hard to keep the temperature that low here. I tried the ice bottle way, but it doesn't sustain long. =( any other suggestions? (The normal temprerature here is around 25~27 if i'm not mistaken)

Last but not least, The gills of my axo are pathetic. I know they are meant to be longer, but due to the petshop's lacking of proper care (they put fishes that nibble together with all the axo, sadly all the axo there have shorter gills than mine). I have read up a lil, and they all say that the gills will grow back, may i confirm the statement here with you guys again? =)

Dear jun hang

My name Amar Azhar from Shah Alam, in my experience, your axolotls have same disease as mine, and i know why, the reason is heat in our country, one of my friends have an axolotls and he keeping them with aquarium chiller, and he's are doing so fine until today, you need chiller to keep yours alive unless you will have the same fate as mine, all dead, get yourself a chiller... :(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back