My melanoid just laid eggs and my golden is the daddy what colors to expect?

mamatoulouse

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hello, I am sorry if this is redundant you most likely get this question all the time but i was wondering what colors can i expect from my melanoid x golden albino breeding?

I assume golden albino and melanoid but can I expect anything else?
I have noticed that all of her eggs came out jet black but now some seem to be turning white... I was wondering if that was the developing embryo that was going to be like daddy or maybe they are dud eggs...

Also she seems to have laid a majority on my sponge filter is that bad?
the rest seem to be attached to moss balls, caves, rocks...

I am planning on moving the eggs over to a 2.5 gallon while I wait for them to hatch...

Thank You

Actually, unless the melanoid parent carries the golden albino allele or vice versa you may get none of either! You could get just about any colors based on what you've said, including all wild type. Do you know anything about the adults' parents?

I really have no idea about the parents of any of my axies, they were mail ordered:(
so i suppose surprise colors for me

There must be some thing in the water in Australia because you guys /gals get all of the Cool markings and colors of axies

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back