Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hi from flroida

frogmandan

Reaction score
hi all im dan, im 26 and from florida.
im new to the newt side of herping but i wanted a newt for many years
i am a certified and trained wildlife handler with a nfp eco education org. called "hands on wildlife safaris" we mostly do large cats and other animals from florida or which have been introduced to this state like the berms.
I myself have worked with or had many diffrent animals/reptiles/anphibeans over the last few years most raised with me then sent to the zoo for holding then for shows.

myt past pets include 3 beardies, 3 corn snakes, 4 firebelly toads, 1 chinese water dragon , as well as 1 whites tree frog, three pacman frogs, and my last one was a southern toad"just put on exibit with H.O.W.S.

now as of today i got a fire bellied newt and its going to be a fully permaniant pet for me so
if you guys/girls got any addvice for a bigger newt keeper "dont know that much about them" let me know.

thanks
dan
:smile:

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Dan!

Your firebelly is actually a paddletail newt! Check out a caresheet here.

frogmandan

Reaction score
thanks for the input i hate it when they sell me the wrong thing and call it another one

ive added 3 gallons more water to the tank and the newt is moving hapily around the tank i left the water filter and the stream rock becase i thaught it just looked cool and removed the other big land in the cage
(ill post some pics in a few hours)

it is crazy how they look vary simular to the fire bellied newts too

dor1363

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you have a very interesting job, something if I was younger would love to do. I am a animal lover. I have also had in the past bearded dragons, water dragons and a pac man frog. I have bred corn snakes, king snakes and ball pythons. My collection now is dogs, cats, an argentine black & white tegu, a blue tongue skink, a tiger salamander, and a gray tree frog which we found in all places our toilet !! We had a broken pipe and fiqured he climbed up :) He lives happily in a 10 gallon tank and has crickets delivered every couple of days, he will even eat from my hand. Now getting ready to add 2 axolotls next week. Enjoy your newt.
Doreen

frogmandan

Reaction score
this is the updated tank

100_0664.jpg

100_0665.jpg

100_0666.jpg

100_0667.jpg

100_0668.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!