Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hi all

kinderpet

Reaction score
Hi everybody. i am now the proud primary caregiver of three axolotls
i live in melbourne, australia and the reason i say caregiver and not owner, is because these axolotls in fact belong to a group of kindergarden children.
one is a long term pet called Animal(named by some barely-verbal children who called all animals Animal. he grew a bit big for them so the kindergarden room adopted Animal last year)
the other two i just picked up from the pet shop two days ago. One was donated to me, as it has a large wound from a stomach ulcer. i offered to nurse it back to health. the other is a lovely black axolotl that unfortunately had his gills nipped when introduced to Animal. both are in the fridge now thanks to some helpful posts on this site
thanks guys, your really dedicated to the wellbeing of these critters. im looking forward to the support, and shared stories.
cheers:happy:

Jennewt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome, and best of luck with the ailing axolotls!

dor1363

Reaction score
Welcome, I love it when classrooms have pets, the children learn so much. Good luck with your axolotls.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!