Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

HELP My axie fell!!

thorneinmyside

Reaction score
I dont know if its hurt or what to do. I accidently put too much water in the tupperware and when i went to feed it, i startled it and it fell out onto a cardbord box by the desk it was on. I dont know what to do!!! it wasnt moving when i put it back in the tupperware and its back leg was up against its body. i moved it around some and it released its leg but its still not rly moving. what can i do!

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
These thing happen . The best thing is to let your axolotl calm down after its shock, keep it cool and maybe cover with a towel. Keep us posted if anything else changes.

Rubyfox

Reaction score
Hope he/she will be alright x I am scared of tipping out my babies by mistake as I have them one room and clean them in another as it too warm to stay in there.

thorneinmyside

Reaction score
Okay so Mudkip (thats my wildtype that fell) is acting better but its leg (btw I keep saying it because theyre still too young to tell) is still reddish? heres a pic. Also im going to attach a pic of my leucistic, Leuey because i was wondering if its strange that Leuey is fine in water with the filter going but stresses in more still water while Mudkip is the EXACT opposite...? picture of Leuey in still water attached.

Attachments

• hurt.jpg
    hurt.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 213
  • huiiibi.jpg
    huiiibi.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 219

jinian

Reaction score
Mudkip probably just has a bruise. Even if it's a small fracture, it should heal up fine over time. The skin doesn't look broken, but keep an eye on it just in case the area starts to look more inflamed or gets cottony fungus growth on it.

I don't know about the still/filtered issue, sorry. I'd just do whatever makes each one seem healthiest.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1