I swear he is going to eat me in my sleep...

Kribby

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Display Name
Kim
I purchased Henry when he was just shy of two inches and about 2 months old (November 24th). He was the one that just seemed to call out to me and the perfect one. Since then my friends and roommate have called him everything from a prehistoric monster to an alien creature (poor guy).

I always thought he was kinda cute... but I have come to the conclusion that he just might be a little monster in disguise! I have been keeping him in a 10 gallon tank because I was told that it would do him for a few months... I think it is safe to say I have been misinformed. :eek: Actually... I think I skipped the "variable" portion of the information I read.

I assumed that Henry would be 6-7 inches in 8-9 months
I assumed that Henry would grow about 1 inch per month
I assumed that Henry would be ok in a 10 gallon for 5 months or so...

So... that said... could someone explain to Henry that he is doing it wrong? :p

At 2 months or so Henry was 1.5-2 inches
At 3 months (1 month after I purchased him) Henry was 5 inches
At 4 months (in 5 days) Henry will be just shy of 7.5-8 inches

I've actually used a ruler to measure him....

So.... Henry will be moving to a larger tank soon... but in the meantime it is 50% water changes everyday for him and I wouldn't mind if someone could tell him to slow down a bit.

"So... that said... could someone explain to Henry that he is doing it wrong?" Hah! X)

Post a recent picture of him! :p

"So... that said... could someone explain to Henry that he is doing it wrong?" Hah! X)

Post a recent picture of him! :p

You just want to see the face of a killer axolotl that plans to eat people as they sleep once he has grown enough :p

kribby-albums-henry-picture20513-102-8309.jpg

He wasn't stretched out so you will need to use your imagination a bit for the tail.
kribby-albums-henry-picture20512-102-8307.jpg

He looks vicious. I'd sleep with a loaded glock, just in case!

Hey Kim...!:errr: Apart from the fact you think Henry is gunna eat you...

IF that is GRAVEL I can see on the bottom of his tank.... then you will SOON be posting on "the sick axie" site...'cos he'll be full of gravel...:eek::eek:

I would be removing it pronto...
Best of luck...:happy:

Hey Kim...!:errr: Apart from the fact you think Henry is gunna eat you...

IF that is GRAVEL I can see on the bottom of his tank.... then you will SOON be posting on "the sick axie" site...'cos he'll be full of gravel...:eek::eek:

I would be removing it pronto...
Best of luck...:happy:

No need to worry for Henry. That is actually sand in his tank and even when he does pull some into his mouth feeding, he takes the time to spit it back out. He is a very picky eater :D

It seems like a very nice, I mean, MEAN axolotl! He's a handsome one. Your substrate looks fine to me!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back