Worm supplier please UK and problem with axolotl eating worms help please

sheena22

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello had two axolotls for a long time now, need a supplier for worms who is reliable as the last supplier i used (cant remember which one) was really unreliable and had to feed axies liver. So if any of you can Reccomend anyone? THE WORMS WITHOUT RINGS IF POSSIBLE, what are they called?

Also had my smaller axolotl was moved in with the bigger one, both get on fine shes just fatter they are pretty much the same in length, but he doesnt seem like himself anymore, used to come up for the worm and rip it out of my hands now he wont even eat the worms, he only eats liver and large bloodworms which isnt enough for him , so what do I do, tried him on every worm i can think of hes just really not interested!

Do I move him back on his own again? Or do I keep him there and accept hes a man now and had babies with the other axolotl so that might be why he is settled down and not as active and acting different?

I know thats a weird question to ask and most people dont think axolotls can be 'happy;' or 'depressed' but he hasnt been himself and I believe that they can have 'sadder' and 'happier' axolotl days not in the way humans do because were different species completely lol, so if anyone can suggest anything it would be most appreciated thank you!!:happy:

Have you looked in the "testimonials" bit to see if anyone has suggested anything? I've never bought worms-I take them from my parents garden but I've seen some on eBay when I was checking out my live food options!
Have you thought about setting up your own worm farm?

Axolotl wise-could be he's just gone off worms for a while? One way to get him to eat worms again is to not offer him anything else till he gets hungry and scoffs them...I feed mine on a sort of food rota so they don't get bored.
Good luck!

Sent,using the power of my mind.....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back