Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Filter, weird sound?

Jasmini

Reaction score
My tank is now filled with water, plants, sand and decoration and I started the filter. When I filled the filter with water, I checked for airbubbles but didn't find one... So I thought it was okay to start the filter. Now it doesn't make a sound most of the time, but sometimes it does for a few seconds and then I see airbubbles rising up the pipes... Is this normal? If not, what do I have to do to fix it?

I hope for a quick anwser! Thank you!

lollypop

Reaction score
Depending on what type of filter, sometimes all it needs is a bit of a shake to move the air bubbles out. :D

natjobe

Reaction score
I think you are talking an overhang filter? If so bubbles from the "waterfall" outtake maybe be getting sucked up into the intake, especially if you have the water down lower. As long as there is no bubble in the U tube then it should be okay.

Jasmini

Reaction score
I have an external filter; Eheim Classic 240. Yesterday someone came to fix the problem, there was indeed some air trapped in the filter, but we have (kind of) taken all the air out yesterday! :happy: I was worried the lower pipe was too loose and I took the whole filter off again, but when I couldn't even get the pipe off myself (so I think the water won't be able too), I installed the filter back...

I can say I hate filters now, with all the problems with mine in the passed few days :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!