Hi from Auckland New Zealand

rachemma

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Hey everyone,
My name is Rachel and my buddies name is Axel Rose, he's a green and black spotty axolotl. He used to have a tank friend called izzie who unfortunatley died, probably due to ignorance on my behalf with water care etc. I am determined to take the best possible care of Axel and hopefuly he will live a long and happy life :happy: Hence joining this forum for tips on care.
See ya'll round on the blogasphere

Welcome to the forum. I live in over the ditch from you in south australia. My axolotl has a similar first name to yours. I call mine Axle.

I have been a member of the fourm for a few months now and have found the group of people here really friendly and helpful.

I hope you can post pictures of your Axel Rose.

I got mine in October last year as a baby and have gone through the stages of watching my baby grow from a few centimetres long to now being 20 cm.

I have some friends from Australia who are now expats in your country. I think the climate seems to be a bit cooler than South Australia.

Looking forward to you participation in the forums.
Marcus, Dad of Axle

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back