Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New Axolotl, needs a name!!!

SirKristoff

Reaction score
Finally got the tank cycled and set up, and so far he seems quite happy, even munching away on a few krill pellets i tossed in for him, he is a GFP Melanoid from a local private pet store, they all looked to be in great health but this guy grabbed my eyes and he is the first one to come home, i will be going in to pick up a leucistic one of similar size here shortly...

currently he is in a 20 gallon tank with an external filter, with an air stone...
DSC_0628.jpg

DSC_0626.jpg

DSC_0624.jpg

dad of axle

Reaction score
How about Blachititus mmm not sure of spelling but a bit of a mix of his dark colour (looks almost black) and bronchioli and the name Titus.

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
I've always wanted a pair of GFPs so I can call them Ethylene and Glycol.

Chicabelle

Reaction score
Although it's probably only the camera his green eyes make him seem a bit evil! I'd call him Balthazar, or Zeus or something like that. Maybe Hulk cus of the eyes lol :p

SirKristoff

Reaction score
Actually his eyes really are that green, part of the reason I had to have him....
While names are still up in the air, my wife seems to think we should name him Toothless because he resembles the dragon from the movie *shrug* he's just got such big smile on his face.

GazerOfStars

Reaction score
Love the eyes! :) Some ideas: Jade, Jinx, Thora, Eden, Aura, and Kage.

Kage is one of the Japanese words for shadow, and is pleasantly short.

A more descriptive name might be "Hisui no kage," which I believe translates to "Shadow of Jade."

PAWS

Reaction score
Well you could go mexican generic or ethnic, or if you have kids like me something twee or sweet or you could name him/her after their personality which you will see when you feed it, like Pig, Hog, Animal etc! Mine had its first try at my finger today!

Whatever you decide, I wish you huge enjoyment from what must be one of the most amazing creatures a human has the privilege to look after! ;)

SirKristoff

Reaction score
We decided on Toothless as the name for him.... He also got a tank mate today, we decided to name him Falcor.... how original, I know... So far they seem to get along just fine, though they dont run into eachother much being only 4" long in a 30 gallon high tank. Toothless is rather active at night, swimming around for a few hours and just kinda chills around lazily during the day, he likes to climb plants a lot and play in the air stone bubbles... he seems to be doing well...
Falcor has been in the tank for 2 1/2 hours now, mostly sticking to one side of the tank though when i turned the light out, he decided to start venturing around the tank a bit.... his gills are swept a bit forward but he seems healthy otherwise...

ToothlessandFalcor023.jpg

here is Falcor
ToothlessandFalcor025.jpg

ToothlessandFalcor010.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!