Strange behaviour (?) Help?

m0ra

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcvCmjWzQ8I
This is a video of my Axolotl, this is all he seems to do all day, and he's really active.. As in he barely sits still, where as my other one is the complete opposite and is really lazy, and slow.
Is this normal behaviour for Axolotl, to swim around lots?

Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcvCmjWzQ8I
This is a video of my Axolotl, this is all he seems to do all day, and he's really active.. As in he barely sits still, where as my other one is the complete opposite and is really lazy, and slow.
Is this normal behaviour for Axolotl, to swim around lots?

mine did that, but she was a frustrated female that wanted to lay eggs. She did it for nearly 24 hours, never stopped, then all of a sudden she stopped then a few hours later started laying eggs.

Okay, well I'm pretty sure both of mine are male.. So he's maybe just hyper-active?

My male is really quite active when he can see people. It think he slows down when I'm not around...maybe yours is the same? :happy:

My male is really quite active when he can see people. It think he slows down when I'm not around...maybe yours is the same? :happy:

Yeah, I think he's just really active. :) I'm just being a worry guts, he's sleeping on top of my other Axolotl now, and he's been laying still (for the first time in 2 days might I add) for about 2 hours now, so I think it was just a passing phase. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back