Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Homemade axolotl food?

Silver

Reaction score
Sorry to make two new threads in such a short amount of time, but I had a question. Could I make homemade axolotl food? I was thinking I could chop up the frozen earthworms really fine, thaw my brine shrimp/bloodworms, mix them all together and freeze them into small cubes. What do you guys think? Does anyone have a better recipe for homemade food? Thanks!

Silver

dad of axle

Reaction score
Thanks for the post Justin, when I get my earthworm farm up and running I might have a go at making some home grown cubes as this would be a could way of having some handy If I am ever away from home and my axies need a good diet. I have a medical condition that means on rare occassions i can be in hospital for a week to two weeks. and it would be good to have the instructions from the axolotl sanctuary and some frozen supplies in the freezer if I need.

piethein21

Reaction score
thats really cool thread ^^ though i dont know if my mom would allow me to blend crickets and worms xD or maybe i do it at someone elses home ^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!