Axolotl on "ugliest creatures" list *Rage*

To be honest they are kinda ugly,some people think they're cute,some don't,some think they're ugly but in a cute way...
I'd have had cockroaches on that list,even though I have them,can't stand them!

Sent,using the power of my mind.....

Lmao, how on earth could an axy be labelled as uglier than a Star nosed Mole!?!!! It looks like it's came out of the Brundle pod :p

Right? Little background: I was watching Who Wants To Be Millionare and a question about the blob fish came up. I decided to look up a picture of it on google images and I noticed a picture of an Axie in the results. I was obligated to check out the website...

My dad thinks they're ugly, too.

I don't understand it, I think they're quite cute (haha, especially that picture they used on the list). :B

the old phrase is "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" . I had to write an essay on the subject more than 20 years ago for an art theory assignment.

one could also consider whether the axolotls think the people looking at them are ugly too. I am sure those that supply food would look better to an axolotl than those that post disparaging comments:D

My twin sisiter jumped back away from the tank when she saw my axie the first time. anyone would think I had a pet death adder the way she reacted.

The blob fish looks like something out of month python, or possibly the first try mold for jabba the hut!

Although I think lotls are really cute and look like charaters from kids tv, (yoshi and the moomins spring to mind). I know a lot of people who think there ugly. So it's kinda live and let live I s'pose.

It was quite hard to convince my wife of getting "those disgusting creatures".
Now they are her little babies, and she loves them as much as I do :)

My dad thinks they're ugly, too.

I don't understand it, I think they're quite cute (haha, especially that picture they used on the list). :B

My sister always gets freaked out when I share pictures of my Axies with her, hehe :p

OMG - I think I have just seen my Mother in Law at number 3 !!!

When I first started showing pics of Axolotls to my friends & family I was shocked that a few of them were just creeped out by them. I totally do not understand. They are so freaking adorable to me. Most of my friends think they are cute.. and I've heard quite a few comments along the lines of "It's a real life Pokemon!!!" LOL

When I first started showing pics of Axolotls to my friends & family I was shocked that a few of them were just creeped out by them. I totally do not understand. They are so freaking adorable to me. Most of my friends think they are cute.. and I've heard quite a few comments along the lines of "It's a real life Pokemon!!!" LOL

When I post pictures of my Axies on Facebook everyone says "it's a real life pokemon" too, lol.

Fun fact: The Pokemon wooper is based on an Axolotl.

wooper-totally-looks-like-axolotl.jpg

I love axolotls, obviously. I think they're cuter than kittens and puppies and elephant-nosed fish. BUT-juveniles with that pinkish tinge make my skin crawl. They look too much like human foetus to me.
Even so Ugliest creature-nowhare neaer!

I love axolotls, obviously. I think they're cuter than kittens and puppies and elephant-nosed fish. BUT-juveniles with that pinkish tinge make my skin crawl. They look too much like human foetus to me.
Even so Ugliest creature-nowhare neaer!

I may disagree but I see where your coming from, with their insides all see-through and such X)

I thought axolotls were ugly when I first saw them. Matter of fact, I still find golden albinos repulsive. Then again, I also find all cats and most dogs ugly as well.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back