New GA/WV Member here!

Boggs32

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Ricky B
Hey caudata.org members! I'm Ricky. I've been an axolotl owner for almost 2 years now. I have 2 albinos, 1 Melanoid and 1 glo-axolotl (green). I do a website part time for a LFS in my area in Athens GA. I'm from WV, where I was born and raised and travel back to often. Looking forward to meeting the members here, I was brought here by another member who I just happened to meet last week. I'll try to post pictures of my tanks soon! for the meantime, I included a shot of my 65Gal reef tank :)

Attachments

• _DSC0056.jpg
    _DSC0056.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! West Virginia is my favorite of all the states; don't tell Michigan.

Welcome to the forum! West Virginia is my favorite of all the states; don't tell Michigan.

I wouldn't dare :)

I actually just realized that I guess I'm not that new. Back when I bought my axolotls, I got them from Philip Vena, who I believe is a member on here or someone I met through the axolotls.org website. Either way, everything started coming together tonight as I was poking around the site for a few hours. :)

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back