Look at my album, is my axie sick? are they stress spots??

phoebe31011992

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I noticed the other day that Brucey had a few spots on her head that only just appeared is it just from stress?? sick?? will they disappear?

Also the bottom half is a lighter colour then the top is that ok or no??? Brucey seems to be eating ok though..

Look in my album do they look healthy?? (there are a few pics with pebbles in tank but i took them out thats prolly why Brucey has those spots maybe cause of her being outta the tank and moved a bit while i took the pbbles out)

also one of my axies didnt want to eat the worm to big maybe?? but the worm is gone now but i didnt see which one ate it my bigger axie eats more but the other smaller seems to be uninterested but swims everywhere like she can smell it but cant see it i eventually gave up with the bowel and pour the blood worms on the bottom of the take slowly thugh botu 30-60mins i took out the blood worms the didnt eat..

So axies like earth worms?? if they dont seem to wanna eat it is it because it is to big??

Hi,

First of all I wouldn't worry to much. I got stressed out when my two were young and something "odd" happened. Luckily they are very hardy animals once they have made it past the first few months.

My two eat earthworms (UK), they are called different things in each country from what I can gather. They both started to eat them when they got to about 5". Before that I fed them on bloodworms. I only give them one worm because the ones I find are massive (around 4"). They used to have a bit of a hard time getting them down but I never had one spat out until my male had a cut on his leg. He went off his food, but only for a few days. They heal amazingly well!

As for the colour. The bottom of my wildtype is a lot lighter than the top so I don't see this as being an issue. The spots, unless they are actually protruding from the head then I would say that your axie is just changing colour a little as he/she gets older. My wildtype has blossomed into a very beautiful chap indeed. So much more definition in the markings on his tail and around his face. They do seem to get more defined features around their faces as they get older.

thanku for ur help :) much appreatiated considering i was stressing alot :happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back