Photo: My New Baby!

Mandy6

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Mandy
I got a new axie today :)

He is quite young, and small. He looks quite good but the person I bought him from had in on gravel and the tank wasn't very clean =p

I've never had one this small before though, so is there anything special I should know? (he wouldn't be any bigger than 10-15cm)

I'm also looking at name ideas =P

Attachments

• tumblr_lz2i8vBT8X1qku0tpo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lz2i8vBT8X1qku0tpo1_500.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 187
I can't be of any help, but I just wanted to say, Yey !

Hi,

He/she is the same size as mine when I got them. I don't think that they need any special treatment at that size. I didn't start feeding ours on earthworms til they were a bit larger but that was because the worms around my house are monsters and I don't like cutting them up.

I love the fact that you got a wildtype, there seems to be some people that think its a bad thing. As for name ideas I find it hard to come up with them myself. Also, not knowing the sex of the axolotl doesn't help, we have a girl called Aristotle lol.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back