Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axolotl left high and dry?

Willlis

Reaction score
So I just got some axolotls in the mail today and due to some extreme abuse by the postal service one of the bags had burst leaving a 2.5inch leucistic without water for some unknown period of time. It was pretty near death, barely any movement, but had my wife put him in a small container of water till I got home. Seems to only be able to use only the front left and rear right legs and not total tail movement. Also you can clearly see the blood vessels through the skin pumping away quite madly. He is now at least not floating upside down but is right side up and seems to be doing quite a bit better. Any suggestions on anything else I can do for the little guy?

Here is the box btw...
190.jpg

Linus

Reaction score
I received newts just like this from a caudata member, box came in annihilated.. none of the newts lasted long. Just co-miserating with you.

Provide optimal conditions and hopefully they will pull through!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!