Hi there :)

StarFairy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Star Fairy
Hello everyone... I got my new baby last week. I have wanted an axololt for years! Last week my mum turned up at my house with a suprise! Dont think much of the petshop she got it from. They sold her a tank with gravel.. The medium size stuff ideal for axie snacking!! Needless to say thats gone now and replaced with sand. I love my lil dude so much already and am alrerady planning on getting him a friend! (havent told the OH about that yet... :D)

Thank you for so much really good advice on this site. I have spent all week reading it. Just wanted to say 'thanks' really!

Amina x

Welcome to the forum! What type of axolotl did you get?

Thanks for the welcome :)

I think he/she is a wild type. Though lil dude seems to have very small gills. Could this be because he was kept in quite a small amount of water at the petstore? Hes now in deeper water and is learning to swim.. Though hes not very good at it, but i can see myself needed a bigger tank for his swimming!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back