Stuff growing on head and too active

BuHg3oP

Reaction score
Country
Latvia
Hey.
My axie has a strange yellowish dot on his head and it seems like a pimple growing from inside. He stands still, but the suddenly keeps moving extremely fast with his head down as if he tries to scratch it. He does not refuse food yet, will try later today. The other ax feels fine. Please help.

2 weeks ago he threw up 5 stones (now he's on sand and so on). Can it be that he injured the insides of his jaw and it got contaminated? What should I do then? I do use stress-protect with Aloe Vera on water changes, as it is a weak antibiotic and it used to be ok until now.

video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4eLStqSMsk&feature=youtu.be

photo: http://www.caudata.org/forum/members/buhg3op/albums/pictures-posts/20992-photo738/

Last edited:
Does it look like it could be fungus ? Or a parasite ?

What's the water temperature like ?

I'm not sure about the stress-protect, I've never used such a product and I'm not sure how it would interact.

Well, it does not look like it is on the surface, as fungus would be. It is a yellowish / like paler dot in the center of the head and when u look from a side, it is like a "pimple" with gentle slopes, not like an ordinary pimple, which is like a ball inside. This is more like a mountain :) but rathar small (I think it got smaller actually, but am not sure)

The water temp is 21'C, which used to be ok before.

She came back to usual state, does not refuse food and feels good, but the thing stays. Hopefully it's a temporary hematoma from some sort of hit or something ... .

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back