Question: URGENT- Mature Axolotl?

nikkiboo

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Hello there, this is only my second post so please bare with me.
I've recently purchased a Golden Albino Axolotl for what i believe is a female. She's only 6 inches and i've read that there are small adults that only reach to 6 inches?
At times she looks like she has dark toe tips but sometimes she doesn't. I'm looking for another male in a few days so i'd like to know if you believe she is full grown or still just a juvi. I have no idea how old she should be, the shop keepers had no idea! Thank you so much! Please reply!

Here is a photo of her-

femalemom.jpg

Full body-

IMG_4029.jpg

Dark toe tips? -

IMG_4030.jpg

Looks mature to me. Looks female. There might still be a remote chance that it's a male that hasn't "come into season" yet.

I have a female golden albino that I've had for 2 years. In that time she hasn't grown at all, and she's no bigger than yours.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back