Worms are they safe for tonight?

sheena22

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got some worms put them in a 30l tub overnight with dirt where my cats havve done their business on and possible cat litter, going to get some compost tomorow from wilkis will they be ok ? Put some tea bags on top for them to eat x

I wouldn't know, but the only thing that springs to mind is that cat feaces can be full of parasites, (the one that affects pregnant women) don't know if that would transfer to worms or axies, but could pass to you when you handle.
Not that I'm trying to imply your elderly, very young or pregnant:rolleyes:

(think I will put my spade away and stop digging the hole any deeper:eek:)

It was just a thought.

Hiya, they say its not ideal because of that reason you mentioned haha young elderly and pregnant, I will be getting better soil tomorow just dont want to harm the poor worms I love worms and really dont like feeding them to my axies!

Dont worry i wont get offended lol like a lot of members on this forum:happy:

Do you have a compost bin? x

I have a little stack n store type box, loose fitting lid in blue plastic. In it I keep dendros and lobs, it actully sits on my large tank. I just used the small amount of soil that came with the worms. Then put shredded paper that I give a couple of squirts from a mister bottle, and feed them, plant bits from my tank, I tend to empty tea bags onto it, carrot pealings, parsley chopped, peppers Finley diced. There breading so well that I have even been feeding babie worms to the 2month old hatchlings. Although not often as the tiny ones are hard to find.
Have had to take a load of the worm soil out today, then had to go through it all for the little egg type things. Ah cocoons (couldn't think of the word then :rolleyes:)
So I could put them. Back in. Think I will have to up grade to a larger box soon.

I thought I would throw my tub of lobs in with them as a kind of holding tank, even though I had read they either like it cold, or you had to get special food for them, but they seem to be thriving as well, wether that's because they eat what the dendros make or they eat the pealings or stuff I don't know. But so far all is well in my little worm bin.

(it's only about the size of a shoe box)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back