Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Milky axolotl eggs -Finally

mizzerman

Reaction score
Finally got some axolotl eggs. :D On closer inspection five days ago I saw that all the eggs looked semi opaque or milky. I assumed they were unfertile and fungus was overtaking them but I waited to see what would happen. Yesterday I was going to remove them all and hope for new eggs but upon close inspection the eggs were starting to develop (neurolation stage). They are still milky??? I don't see any fungus strands or fuzz??? All the pictures I have seen online and all the P. waltl eggs I have ever gotten have been clear. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on why the normally clear part of my axolotl eggs are milky??? Today they are further developed and all seems well????

mizzerman

Reaction score
Have over 100 axolotl babies hatched, looks like some wild and some leucistic. So looks like may have some for sale soon.:rofl: ALready eating bbs like crazy and have doubled in size in a few days. Very exciting, seem to be growing faster than my P. Waltl larva.

Syllvie

Reaction score
Congratulations on your new little Axies. I hope they all find awesome homes.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1