Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

So I thought I had two males...

Just woke up

Reaction score
As the title suggests I was wrong. In the past day eggs have suddenly appeared attached to the fake plant in my tank. I honestly just thought that one of them was being greedy and just getting fat, but now I guess I was wrong.

Here though is my dilemma. I recently broke up with my girlfriend and I was due to move out on Saturday. I don't know how versatile the eggs are but would they survive the moving process? How would I do this? The move is a simple one only a 5 minute drive but if it is better I have been told I can leave the tank there for the time being.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

This was truely unexpected.

HeatherFeather

Reaction score
Eggs can be suprisingly tough. You can try to leave them on the plant, then just gently put them in a container of water and drive them, they should be fine. If you don't want the eggs, you can advertise them in the for sale section and probably find homes for them very quickly.

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
If they can survive the turmoil that is the US Postal System, a 5 minute drive won't phase them a bit.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
    Shane douglas: with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred... +1