No electrick on the 5th

crazylady

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
liz :-)
Hi all i have just had a letter saying on the 5th march they are cutting my power for some work in my area it will be off from 9am till around 5pm im worried about my filters an axies.
So how long can they go without an will the tanks be ok one tank is 3ft an one 2ft both with sponge filters

they will be totally fine, don't worry about it

what kind of filter do you have? If you have a canister filter you may have something to worry about. If not, make sure to submerge your biomedia in the tank water so it has a source of ammonia to keep the bb alive.

i have to sponge filters one both tanks im guessing they will be ok. I have them one way valves so no water can go in to my air pump toos

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back