Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

What's The Growth Rate Guys?

SalamanderMommy

Reaction score
Just curious; how fast do these cuties grow?? I mean, what's NORMAL? I have had mine approx 2 weeks now... and OH>>> MY>>> GAWWWWWD!!! LOL!! They have grown nearly an inch!!! I measured them just to be sure I wasn't seeing things. @_@ I have been feeding them garden worms and they are putting on good weight, their skin is thickening, and length speaks for itself! I am absolutely amazed at how fast our lil babies are growing. I am already looking into a bigger setup, as I fear they will be too big before we are done building our dream axie tank.:eek: What has been your experience with your lotls? Has anyone ever had theirs grow soooo quickly? :D
Baby_Axolotl_happy.jpg

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, that's about normal. They grow very quickly in the first couple of months.

SalamanderMommy

Reaction score
Sorry it has been soooo long since my last post. Our computer went kaput! :O Have been without for months and have just only managed to get a new one. Our babies LOL "babies" are now about 7 inches long, rough estimate. Will be posting pics as soon as I can. I've got to dig up the USB lead to the camera. :D Once uploaded hoping for help on sexing them. I am guessing two boys, but am not an expert by any means!! Tis great to be back!! :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1