Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: I need help with my axolotl babies

Wanttoknow

Reaction score
I have now been through two unsucsessful batches of axolotl babies. And I now have two more one of which is getting ready to hatch. I would really like some information on start to finish of exactally what other people have done with sucsess. My only live food is daphnia manga. My water is a little over 7 on ph. Temp probably stayed around 70. So I am needing to know what all do you feed them what types of water are safe to use on the babies. How often are water changes done and possibly an easy way to do water changes. And anything else I may be leaving out. Like I said I'm thinking I need a list from start to finish. It would really be helpful. Thanks Kathryn

Last edited by a moderator:

gfsward

Reaction score
What I've done with success is this:
I feed them brine shrimp twice a day, once in the morning, once in the evening.
When they're new I changed their water every day then when they grew their front legs it became every day or every other day.
If they looked stressed I took some extra care of the stressed ones, gave them some more food. Just kept an eye on every one to make sure they were doing well.
That's pretty much it. It seems to be going well, they're all growing their hind legs now :D
Good luck! I hope that helped!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!