Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hello everyone, new here

Axolotlmorphios

Reaction score
Myself and my partner are new to the forum. Although new here, I am not new to Axolotls. About 18 years ago was my first introduction to them. We had 6 in total, but being young and not really knowing what we where doing, ended up with many more :eek:....as that happens. At the time we kept a few and gave the rest away. Over the years, I had to pass on my axolotls to others, but before I did, a few of them morphed. We thought we had discovered a new type by accident, but after some digging around, found out that it can happen under certain circumstances.
We currently live in NW England and have room for some lotls. I am a keen motorbike rider and so is our poodle who sometimes when its warm enough, travels with me.
Anything you want to know about us, just ask as I don't bite.

dor1363

Reaction score
Welcome to the site, I think you will enjoy it. If you are interested in purchasing axolotls go to the for sale usa and look for Jay's ad, he is great to deal with.

Shelby

Muted
Reaction score
hi im new too. I have troubles with my salamander all the time. Well untill i found this website.;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1