Broken leg?

ddam19

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am new to the forum and just recently got my first Axolot. its 3 month old now.

My question is one of his front legs seems to be broken in a way as it doesn't use it to walk a lot and keeps it by his side. It can use it but tends not to like the others.

This is something that will heel in time. Has anyone else had an issue like this.

Sorry most of it doesn't make sense but it's hard to explain.

Thanks in advance.
Adam

Do you have a picture of the leg? I'm a total noob to axolotls but i know from keeping other herps that pics are a HUGE help in a case like this. I've also seen some examples of axies having deformed legs. In any case, a good picture of the leg would be helpful. :)

I have an adult female that has a front left leg that has the same or similar issue with the elbow. She gets around fine and it hasn't been an issue as of yet. She has not used it since she was a juvie and has shown little to no sign of healing.

Hope that helps.

Back when I first got my axies, I was feeding them and one freaked out and I had the water too high and it flipped out of the tank onto the floor (It was about 10 Weeks old) about 3 feet down and broken its back leg and did what you are describing. hes perfectly fine now though.

Sorry for such a late reply. Haven' had the internet. His leg looks fine and he appears to be using more normally now.

Thanks for your response.
Adam,

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back