Hungry. How it looks like?

BuHg3oP

Reaction score
Country
Latvia
Hi.

As my adults are growing, I am struggling to work out how much should I feed them.

Both are 16 -18 cm long, leucistic is starting to have dark nails and was dropping spermaphores recently. Both are same age.

What would be the food dosage in this case? (prawns, earthworms, bloodworms)
How can I tell, when my lotls are not hungry, and how, if they are?

Thanks. ;)

I just aim for head + body the same width and change feeding as needed to keep it there.

My axolotl is about ... maybe 8" and is eating an earthworm every other day. Not sure if she's still growing or not, but I think so. She isn't getting any bigger (fatter), so I haven't cut back yet.

I have been shooting for the same head and belly width as well. my axie is now almost a year old and about 7 and a half inches long. I have been able to feed 2 blocks of froze brine shrimp and/or bloodworms every day and he is not getting over weight and is active and happy. Now that the ground is not frozen i here i will be adding in some earth worms and even guppy fry once i get my breeding group going. But i was also wondering how much some people are feeding adult axolotls to keep the head a belly the same width.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back