Question about Care Sheets

Mr Poseidon

Reaction score
Dayton, Oh (summer) Charleston SC (fall winter spr
Country
United States
Display Name
~~Eddie~~
First this may or may not be the correct place to post this. if its not please put it where it would be most appropriate! thanks!

so onto the question!

Is there any where on Caudata, that has Care sheets or something similar.
im not talking about a detaled discription of the speciease but something that had like if your going to be an owner of " insert w/e here" then here is the bare minimum requirement for a healthy life.

the reason i ask, I love Axolotls but i dont know much about anything else. I want to expand my collection but would like a place to find information about other species so i can figure out what works for me!!!

*note im a horrid speller feel free to correct!

Caudata Culture Species Database - All Families

That should help.
If i may, i think the aproach of the bare minimum you need to know is a very unhealthy one. Rather than acquiring the minimum knowledge and the minimum tank dimensions, or minimum care, you should really focus on accumulating as much information as you can before acquiring any animals. There are TONES of information about a variety of species around the forums as well as the articles i linked. Don´t fool yourself into thinking that you know enough..there´s no such thing :p

I agree with Azhael. Iv been keeping fish for years and Lots of people tend to only do the bare minimum regarding filtration/ tank size/ school size ect...... Most profiles on the net also only give the bare minimum unless you know where to look.

Im new to Newts ect and have been reading though the care sheets here. It goes into great detail and iv already learnt tons!... Sure it only takes a few minutes to read a care sheet and iv already figured out loads of options that could work for my current tank.

Azhael, please dont misinterpret my post to mean: i only want to know the bare minimum.

i would much rather know as much as possible. but i dont have to time to learn about every species. im looking for something that lets me narrow down my choices. that way i can pick one and then learn everything i can before adding to my collection! =D

I understand, i just mentioned it as a preventive meassure i guess xD
I would recommend that you start checking out Pleurodeles waltl, in that case. Quite possibly the best place to start.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back