Eggs being resold

melfly

Reaction score
Country
England
Hello all

As you know my beautiful axies love to breed :D

I recently offered some free in small numbers for people to raise.

I was contacted by someone who seemed eager to have some eggs from me and was very excited about having some.
When Fred laid I let her know and offered her 20, she seemed disappointed and asked for more. I advised her not to raise much more than 20 and ended up sending her 25.

She then put them on ebay and sold them on.....

They ended up being posted from Sheffield to Luton to Bolton :mad: they are not doing great from this journey.

She is now selling the ones that have hatched in the last couple of days for £1 each, not many people will beable to look after a 2 day old larvae and she may as well be killing them.

I'm annoyed mainly because of the travelling the eggs have had to do and the fact they have suffered because of this, but also annoyed she deceived me about her plans to re sell my eggs.

If you have any eggs to sell or give away I suggest you PM me and ask who this person is so you can avoid your eggs being killed in the post so someone else can profit from their death/suffering.....

If you do end up with excess eggs i'd be more than happy to raise them for you and find them good homes when they are grown. I also know plenty of genuine animal lovers who will also help too.
She is not an animal lover but a money grabber.

Mel x

God, people will literally flip ANY animal. That is so disgusting. I'm sorry your eggs/babies have to go through this!

Beyond sad. Without naming names, is this person a member here?

Yes she is. If you go to for sale uk you'll spot her easily enough....
Or i'll name her via PM :D

Mel

I've removed the ad posted on this forum. Some people stoop very low to make a couple of quid.

User should be banned as well

I will name in PM if you ask me

Mel

Mel, that's awful. I agree that this member should be banned. Could you please pm the name, as well? I may get into breeding within the next couple years, so I'd definitely like to make sure I don't sell to someone who only wants money.

I hope that your future sales (if you have any) go much more smoothly.

I also know of an "egg flipper" in the states....lied and told me her almost 1 year old axies gave her a surprise one morning in her tank...I questioned the age thinking that's a bit young, but she stuck to her story. She was selling few day old babies and the remaining eggs, I bought them, they looked quite thin (thinner than normal), but now they are thriving and growing like weeds :)

I'm putting together multiple tanks for members of our family and friends who have fallen I love with our Mel, also a tank for a restaurant, so I was looking for basically 1 of each color for the tanks and I wanted to get them from as diverse of families that I can in the event that eggs appear! Trying to avoid the close inbreeding...anyhoooo I see this girl in here asking for eggs in every sale ad with her name and zip which is how I figured out it was her.

So I texted her letting her know that the babies and eggs are home safe and happy because I had fed them and stated that she probably is also happy at he huge profit she made from me buying her mail-bought eggs!!! I was so mad!!! Then she wouldn't even tell me who she got them from so I would know for the sake of splitting up bloodlines!

Yes, she's in here, and yes I'd be glad to let whomever know her username...I already let one gal know because she cares what happenes to her babies!!!

It's horrible what people will do to make a buck! Or $75 in my case!! :-(

Tiffany, there's one in the States as well? Big surprise. (note the sarcasm) A lot of Americans only want to make money. It's really horrible. Could you please send me her name, as well?

Sounds like a lynch mob is forming ! all we need is a tree and a rope and we are good to go !

Please PM me their info as well. If my axies lay eggs I want to make sure they go to someone who wants to take care of them and not some A-hole profiteer.

All you guys in th US are safe.
She lives in Luton and if you suspect she has asked you for eggs I will gladly give you her name privately so you know to beware.

Mel

All you guys in th US are safe.
She lives in Luton and if you suspect she has asked you for eggs I will gladly give you her name privately so you know to beware.

Mel

I'm so glad for this forum!! ...and the people that love their critters, furry OR slimey!!! :D

Yes, Mel...we have a flipper here in the US too...probably more than one, but mine is local. :mad: The babies were not in that great of shape, but with a lot of attention, separate feeding and bunches of waterchanges, they are now thriving and growing like weeds :happy:

Martin: I can't PM you for some reason...maybe try PMing me first?:eek:

Tiffany, there's one in the States as well? Big surprise. (note the sarcasm) A lot of Americans only want to make money. It's really horrible. Could you please send me her name, as well?

thats not very nice, i'm an american and i cant STAND animal flippers. >.<
I'm pretty sure its safe to say that some people if given the opportunity, will do ANYTHING they can get away with to make money. America is not the only country with scam artists, cons, and flippers... I mean, the Nigerian scams sure as heck didnt come from America...

I think i want this "persons" name sent in a PM as well, please. Just so i can avoid them in the future.

thats not very nice, i'm an american and i cant STAND animal flippers. >.<
I'm pretty sure its safe to say that some people if given the opportunity, will do ANYTHING they can get away with to make money. America is not the only country with scam artists, cons, and flippers... I mean, the Nigerian scams sure as heck didnt come from America...

I think i want this "persons" name sent in a PM as well, please. Just so i can avoid them in the future.

You're right. I'm also an American, born and raised. But I find that I meet more black-hearted, greedy people over here (born and raised in America) than in other countries(and believe me, I meet a lot of people in other countries). I didn't mean that ONLY Americans are like this; certainly not! I just meant that it didn't come as a surprise to me. I'm very pleased that another person in America is as animal-loving, and compassionate, as I am. :)

Haha this has nearly turned into an anti american thread - by the Americans :D

I didn't mean you guys are safe from egg flippers in general by the way, just safe from this one here...

I love you 'evil americans' on this forum :p

Mel x

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back