Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Need Help With Identification

MurphysLaw

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I found some eggs in a pond about a month ago. I knew they were some kind of salamander, but not sure which. I thought they might be mud puppies. Anyways, they hatched. I have done some research, but now I'm even more confused as to what they are. lol So I decided to come to the experts and let ya'll decide....

I live in southwest Arkansas. They were found in a small, still, muddy pond (in the water, not on the shore). There aren't any fish, so this pond is over run with all kinds of frog and salamander eggs (even got a couple of bull frog tad poles from there :) ). I will post pictures of the eggs and what they looked like after they hatched, and I'll try to get some new pictures of them today. They are still quite small. They are eating bugs from pond water that I collect and I ordered some white worms which they are eating, but I need some advice on how to feed those to them. The worms are in oatmeal... is there an easy way to get them out of it without getting oatmeal in the salamanders bowl?

MurphysLaw

Reaction score
IMG_7364.jpg

IMG_7366.jpg

IMG_7368.jpg

IMG_7390.jpg

IMG_7391.jpg

IMG_7392.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!