Help!

mikevitobello

Reaction score
Country
Australia
My axolotl is freakishly skinny. He doesn''t eat his beef heart anymore. I tried a worm but he just let it wriggle out of his mouth. There's white stuff coming out of his gills. I don't know the water quality yet. PLEASE HELP!

Is the white stuff on his gills fluffy? If it is then he may have fungus

Was the tank cycled? You could be experiencing an ammonia spike which could well lead to the development of fungus. Get those water parameters checked right away. Can you post a pic of the "white stuff" and his set- up?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back