Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Cuts on axies tall

crazylady

Reaction score
Hi all i have just been taking pics of my axies an have noticed a few cuts on my little ones tall they look to be bleeding. I have been away for the weekend an came back yesterday i noticed he wasnt coming to the front of the tank like he used to i did think he was sulkin. Im not sure if the friend has tryed picking him up an he has got hurt that way. what should i do i havent had to deal with cuts befor an im not sure if leaving him in his tank an keeping it clean an cold is right any help would be great thanks you

Attachments

• 1332949641601.jpg
    1332949641601.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 158
  • 1332949520923.jpg
    1332949520923.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 172
  • 1332949580964.jpg
    1332949580964.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 164
  • 1332949594779.jpg
    1332949594779.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 164

lea

Reaction score
Make sure his water is clean and cool. Keep an eye out for fungus and treat with salt baths if needed. His scratches should heal. Check his tank for anything that has a rough edge so you can fix the problem.

crazylady

Reaction score
Hi thanks i thought clean cold water was right always best to check. He still isnt a happy axie. I have checked the tank an cant find anything sharp i keep checking him daily for fungus thank you again :eek:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1