Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Photo: Ahh Real Monsters!

RupertxGiles

Reaction score
So tonight we got two new axies from Zaria. We picked out a Golden and a special wild type who they had dubbed Bubbles. We have since named them Dizzle(golden) and Krumm (wild type). Krumm has a birth defect where his tale is like a corkscrew he also is missing his back right leg and front right hand we don't know if this happened on the ride home with Dizzle. Dizzle is also missing both her front hands again don't know if they were fighting on the way home....they are now in separate tanks for their safety. We have put Krumm in more shallow water as when he swims he spins. He may or may not need this his whole life...only time will tell. Our other axie Ickus has a arm deformity and for a.little while he swam funny and eventually learned how to control his movements to get where he wanted to go....hopefully this will happen with Krumm. I have attached pics of mainly Krumm as Dizzle moves so quick I can get a good shot. You can see pretty good his deformity and missing limb/hand.

IMAG0407.jpg

IMAG0399.jpg

IMAG0402.jpg

L

lvbg1435

lol have you ever seen that tv show ahh real monsters lol

RupertxGiles

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

We have an update on Dizzle and Krum.....they are both doing great and all of their limbs have grown back normal. They have really grown a lot. We have not introduced them back together yet as we are waiting till Petco has their $1/gallon tank sale as we are upgrading Ickus and Giles to a 40 breeder and Dizzle and Krum will get a 20long until they get bigger then they too will get their own 40 breeder! I only have a recent pic of Dizzle and will get one later of Krum.

Thanks again Zaria for our little ones :)

Attachments

• D.bmp
    230.4 KB · Views: 434
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1