Need Help with Rearing the newts.

frogman

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Evan
I have had 4 Tylototriton cf. Kweichowensis since the beginning of July. I made the mistake of buying them from an online vendor. I received 4 adults. 1 female and 3 males. I have wanted them to lay eggs. I did a lot of research on breeding newts and salamanders and moved them into a 40 gallon aquarium. I have one of my males is chasing after my female. The water is about 10cm deep. Here is some pics and videos of the habitat and animals. The tank is very easy to renovate. I need some ideas to get them to lay. All suggestions are and criticism is greatly appreciated.

Sorry, here are the pics and Videos.

Pic1- The tank
Pic2-Male1 cloaca
Pic3-male2
Pic4-Male2 cloaca
Pic5-female
Pic6-female cloaca

Is my female gravid or just plain fat?

My kweichow crocodile newts - YouTube

Attachments

• CIMG7064.jpg
    CIMG7064.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 194
  • CIMG7067.jpg
    CIMG7067.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 186
  • CIMG7068.jpg
    CIMG7068.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 227
  • CIMG7071.jpg
    CIMG7071.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 189
  • CIMG7076.jpg
    CIMG7076.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 188
  • CIMG7081.JPG
    CIMG7081.JPG
    243 KB · Views: 197
Read the Caudata Culture Articles of pertinent and use the forum search function to answer your questions.

What part of it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back