Setup idea

Sean90

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Display Name
Sean
Hi
Just thinking of creating a tank for crocodile newts. This means creating a small island in the middle of the tank but splitting the tank creating the natural behaviour of moving to ponds. Allow for choice preference.

Anyone got any suggestions
Thanks

First things first, what species will the tank be for? The species in question will have an enormous impact on what kind of enclosure is apropriate.

Thanks appreciated

I say the same as Rodrigo, you need to decide on what species of Tylototriton you want as they vary from their different habitat requirements... Some would like the idea of the set up your doing, however some species might hate the idea... My T.kweichowensis basically arent too fond of the water, I catch them swimming now and again but they seem to prefer staying on land and resting on a Log etc..
Mine also seem to like to climb (I have a Rock formation in my temporary set up) and i often see them sitting up there quite happy :)

I do remember you posting about T.shanjing before and I have found a perfect set up that someone has used which i am recreating (and improving with my own ideas). I will find it for you and post it up :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back