Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

I love you, Caudata.org <3

Silver

Reaction score
This website has been amazing. Nowhere else have I seen people so knowledgeable and passionate about their animals. Not only that, but the forum is beautifully designed. I recently started researching king snakes, and all of the forums out there are absolutely awful x-x

Thanks Caudata! Much love from me and my critters <3

TylototritonGuy

Reaction score
I think this forum is great too! :) It's certainly the friendliest and there seems to be no arguments at all too unlike a few other forums i have joined before where its just been a bit off-putting :)

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
It's certainly the friendliest and there seems to be no arguments at all too

It's obvious you haven't been here long!

We try to be friendly and informative, but sometimes tempers flare.

Overall, this is the best forum around. I'm not biased!

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, there is the occasional argument, but they usually put a stop to me fairly quick :p

Kaysie, come on, you know we are definitely biased, but luckily that doesn´t change anything, it´s still the best forum!

TylototritonGuy

Reaction score
Hahah that might be true.... I suppose everywhere has its down sides! :L but in all honesty I bet you all jump straight on something un-need or uncalled for unlike some forums! lol

asfouts

Reaction score
haha I just joined a few months ago. I am usually surrounded by people whom I have to explain what herpetology is, this place is a relief, I am a noob here. I am quickly learning those pesky scientific names and tons of other info that you really can't find anywhere else. I am addicted too. I log on at school and everywhere when I have down time.

Niels D

Reaction score
Caudata destroyed my life. Before caudata I had lots of free time, lots of space in my house and lots of friends, who didn't consider me a weirdo. Now I must spent all my money on new tanks, food items and other stuff to keep my newts and salamanders happy. They control my every step. Never again can I go on a holiday for as long as I like. Everyday must I visit this forum, which members all are complete whack jobs, to keep myself informed about the latest methods rearing larvae and culturing foul reeking worms and insects. Therefore I find this thread to be very disturbing.

Silver

Reaction score
Caudata destroyed my life. Before caudata I had lots of free time, lots of space in my house and lots of friends, who didn't consider me a weirdo. Now I must spent all my money on new tanks, food items and other stuff to keep my newts and salamanders happy. They control my every step. Never again can I go on a holiday for as long as I like. Everyday must I visit this forum, which members all are complete whack jobs, to keep myself informed about the latest methods rearing larvae and culturing foul reeking worms and insects. Therefore I find this thread to be very disturbing.

You're telling me, lol. I started with one axolotl but I fear I may end up with hundreds! I've always been an amphibian person, but this forum made me fall in love with them all over again. My poor roommates are going to come home to an apartment full of tanks.

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Not only that, but the forum is beautifully designed
Haha, I hope you still think that when I upgrade to vBulletin 4 in a few days. The look of the forum as it is now is not compatible with the upgraded software, so I'm trying to build a replica version for the new software. It won't be exactly the same though, so don't kill me!

Silver

Reaction score
I do get a little freaked out when things change without warning, but since you warned me, no worries! :D

mshine1217

Reaction score
Haha, I hope you still think that when I upgrade to vBulletin 4 in a few days. The look of the forum as it is now is not compatible with the upgraded software, so I'm trying to build a replica version for the new software. It won't be exactly the same though, so don't kill me!

:eek: I work for the state and 3 years ago we went "live" with a new software program that was delivered to use "broken". We're still plugging the holes with bubblegum and duct tape. So I think I can handle a change in the forum as long as everyone keeps giving the great advice that they always have. :tongue:

AngieD

Reaction score
This forum is unlike other forums in that it is peaceful :) - too many other forums turn into argument arenas :s
So yes I'll agree that this forum is a great place to be!
I also can't wait for the upgrade!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!