Hello~~everyone~~ \(^o^)/

lesley

Reaction score
Country
China
Display Name
Eclipse
Hello~~I'm a super fan of amphibious animals.I feed an little Axie named Blacky when he is 1 month old,and he is 8 months old and 23 centimeters length now.He is albino with red eyes.

I'm very very happy to join this forum,I hope we can communicate some different ways to keep Axies.I'm looking for a better way to make my little Blacky more beautiful.I have learned a new word Axie,haha,it's so cute~~ We call them "liu jiao kong long" in Chinese.

However there is a big problem,my mother tongue is not English.To be honest,I have to consult the dictionary when I post thread...So,sometimes my sentences is hard to understand,maybe lots of wrong words and grammar,maybe my expression is liable to give offence to many people.But believe me please,I don't mean to be impolite,I'm very friendly and I need your patience.Thank you~~(^_^)

This is my little Blacky~~~
DSC00633.jpg

DSC00623.jpg

Your English is much better than my Chinese! We have many non-native English speakers here, and are quite forgiving. So don't be afraid to post because of that. Welcome to the forum!

What a beautiful axie! And I love how you say axolotl in Chinese- do you know what that means in English?

If you don't mind me asking, why is his name Blacky?

What a beautiful axie! And I love how you say axolotl in Chinese- do you know what that means in English?

If you don't mind me asking, why is his name Blacky?

Thank you~:D

axie = liu liu (六六)
axolotl = liu jiao kong long (六角恐龙)
It means "a dinosaur with six horns".

About his name,I have watched a movie,there was an old lady named her black cat "snowball",I think it's very funny,so I named him Blacky,haha.

Welcome to the forum there are some great people here from all over the world so dont worry about the quality of your english. I have dyslexia so my grammar and words come out wrong often and so far I have not had problems with being understood on this site.

if you are worried you could type your text in a word processor and then use something like google translator or bable to put it into english.

But your english is far better than my non existant chineese.
I want to learn mandarin one day as I am interested in the chin and other zither instruments.

Welcome to the forum there are some great people here from all over the world so dont worry about the quality of your english. I have dyslexia so my grammar and words come out wrong often and so far I have not had problems with being understood on this site.

if you are worried you could type your text in a word processor and then use something like google translator or bable to put it into english.

I want to learn mandarin one day as I am interested in the chin and other zither instruments.

I'm sorry for your situation,and you really encouraged me.:happy:
I always use a dictionary to post,also use Google translator,haha.

I'm very glad that you are interested in Chinese, if you will,send me message or E-mail,I'll write back to you in English and Chinese,maybe we can help each other~~:D

My E-mail address:lesley10552@gmail.com.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back