New guy

Eixa

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey everybody, i guess this is my introduction. I came here and signed up so i could ask some questions about axies. 1:I know they are illegal in CA, but could you get a permit to just keep them as pets or to breed them? 2: how much would food cost? (what kind of of food, how frequently you feed them, etc) 3: whats a daphnia culture? Ive heard about it and am just wondering.
Thanks,
Eixa. :D

Firstly Im in Oz so I have no idea which states in the US axies are illegal sorry.
Try another newt that is legal.
They eat loads of things like earthworms, bloodworms and pellets. I have no idea about cost over there sorry....Daphnia are tiny little things that are used for feeding baby axies just after they have hatched.

No, you can't get a permit to keep them as pets. They're just flat out illegal. Sorry. There are, however, plenty of other awesome species that you can keep.

Thanks. I'll consider getting a newt or something.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back